Spray Tans at Blondie’s Salon & Spa in Columbus IN
Here at Blondie’s, we LOVE spray tans. After all, spray tanning was the start of it all. Did you know Blondie's first made its mark as a mobile spray tanning service? We've grown a lot since we first began in 2008, but when it comes to spray tanning, our customized approach to color and development time is still the best!
Natural Looking Spray Tan
Our goal is to give you a golden glow that looks as natural as possible and to do that, we use Norvell professional spray tanning products. We carry several different formulas so that we can customize your tan to your individual skin tone and your desired level of darkness. We also offer 2 different developing times, so that you can shower as soon as 8 hours after getting your spray tan. Your tan should last 7-10 days, although many of our clients report getting up to 14 days from a spray tan when using Norvell aftercare products we recommend.
- Shower in 8 hours
- Color lasts 7-10 days or more with proper home care
How to Prepare for Your Spray Tan at Blondie's
We've been doing this a long time, so we know how to get you the best results. If you want long-lasting, even color, you have to prepare your skin before coming in and be mindful of the timing when scheduling your appointment. Read these tips and you'll understand why!
- If you are getting a spray tan for a special event, the best time to get it is 1-2 days prior to the event.
- Since sweat and friction will accelerate fading, it's best to avoid working out until after the event.
- Skin should be clean and free of any moisturizers or makeup for best results. Anything on the skin can act as a barrier to the tanning solution and will result in an uneven tan.
- Before your spray tan appointment, exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells. This will help you keep your spray tan longer. If you forget to exfoliate, ask for one of our exfoliating and pH balancing wipes when you arrive for your appointment.
- If you wax any area of your body, be sure to do this at least a few days prior to your spray tan. Otherwise, the area you wax may look darker than the rest of your body.
- If your tan is for a special event we recommend getting your tan AFTER getting your nails done so that the tan isn’t removed or affected by exfoliants, acetone, etc.
- Clothing is optional for your tan service. We do require male clients to cover their genital area. Otherwise you may undress to your comfort level. Here are a few tips when deciding what to wear to your spray tan appointment. Wear loose, comfortable, dark colored clothing. Anything tight can cause the tan to rub off in that area, resulting in an uneven tan. If you are getting the tan for a special event, like prom or a wedding, please keep your dress and tan lines in mind. We have had many people decide not to remove their bra, only to realize when they put on their dress that they have obvious tan lines.
- Watch the forecast – rain and spray tans do not mix. If it is raining the day of your appointment be sure to bring a rain jacket/umbrella and make sure your clothes cover your body. Rain drops and spray tan create leopard-like spots, and we’re sure that’s not the look you are going for.
After you get your spray tan:
- Let your color develop without getting wet or sweating heavily for 8-16 hours (depending on which solution you choose).
- Avoid products containing mineral oil, as these cause the tan to come off faster AND take on that orangey color that no one wants. Petroleum jelly is a mineral oil product, so look at ingredient lists on EVERYTHING you normally use on your skin and if it has any ingredients that begin with “petro” AVOID using until your spray tan has faded. Most over the counter moisturizers and many body washes contain these chemicals, because they are an inexpensive way to moisturize.
- We sell products specifically formulated for maintaining and prolonging your spray tan. Just ask us about them when you come in.
- After getting your spray tan, avoid waxing until your tan has faded, as the wax will remove the spray tan.
- Remember, a manicure/pedicure can affect your tan due to acetone or any exfoliating.
- Chlorine and hot tubs are not great for spray tans. We recommend using a waterproof spray sunscreen (check ingredients) when swimming in chlorine. Hot tubs unfortunately are not recommended at all because the heat and chemicals will cause the tan to come off.
"What if My Spray Tan is Uneven?"
If on the day following your spray tan, you find that you have an uneven area, come back in for a complimentary touch up. Just give us a call at (855) 425-6634.
Schedule a Spray Tan at Blondie's Salon & Spa
To book a spray tan, call us or book online. If you don’t have time to prep for a spray tan appointment but would like to have some color, check out our line of sunless products to use at home!